In this article we’ll be discussing the process of researching products and services that can be used as reviews within the posted content on your website. There is an awesome opportunity residing in every niche and product reviews are a critical component to any successful authority website on the internet.
Let’s have a look at these topics:
- Introduction to Product Reviews
- Products and Services can lead to great opportunity
- The Top Platforms to use for product research
- Building product keyword lists
Introduction to product reviewsMarketers create several types of product reviews:
- Single product review – ex: Mr Coffee 12 Cup Coffee Maker
- multiple product review – ex: Best 12 Cup Coffee Makers
- Product vs product review- ex: Mr Coffee vs Keurig 12 Cup Coffee Makers
There are other ways to review products, some other product review types are:
- Video – display product and how to use
- Unboxing from delivery
- Negative review warning viewers and offering a better choice
- The 5 Ws – ex. who: Mr. Coffee – when: sold in stores, what: digital coffee pot, why: it’s new and improved, where: online and near you.
What can be included in our review:
- Overall rank
- Product descriptions
- Pros and Cons
- Guarantee – yes/no
- Product specifications
These can be displayed somewhere on the review page.The reviewing products and services process is all to inform your readers so that they can make an educated purchasing decision, and help them make the best choice for their situation. The viewer has come to your website by choosing our link from the search engine result pages (serp’s).
The first thing they see upon entering your site is the link page that they clicked on. We should come across, or appear to them as professional business people who care about them so they can feel comfortable and trust us as niche authorities.
We also need to see the whole process from the right point of view in that we are trying to help the reader make an educated purchasing decision. We are NOT trying to sell them anything. Our service to the reader is to provide them with reliable quality content that answers their search entry, and lead them to the better choice, which could be the product that we are promoting.
How Reviewing Products and Services can lead to great opportunity
Every review represents a burst of traffic to your website and also an evergreen, or continuous, source of traffic. It’s a great idea to pay attention to the new releases, or trending products in your niche that you can review. As viewers are looking for the new product they can see your review and end up on your website, possibly leaving their email address or even making a purchase.
The more reviews that you write means more and more traffic to your website, coming from the many social media sites, forums, and various serp’s (search engine result pages). So, the more quality product reviews we can write means all the more potential opportunity through the many avenues can come our way.
The Top Platforms to use for product research
- Product source or website – Best for specifications and details
- Manufacturer – Best for specifications and details
- Distributor source – Amazon, Best Buy, Home Depot
- Reviews – great for feedback on the product. It’s a good habit to always check the product reviews on Amazon, and wherever the product is sold.
- Google alerts – Google.com/alerts/product name – this will get lots of relevant info in your email so that you can stay updated and well-informed concerning the product.
- Highest Competitors – could find some info useful whether a video or previously unknown fact.
- JV sources – joint venture: JVzoo, JVnotifypro, phys example: The Rock and Under Armour teaming up to create a specific line of clothing.
Building a product keyword list
It’s really necessary to use a good keyword tool and there are a number of good ones Free online and most at least have free trials.
The FREE Google Keyword Planner has been around for many years now and is a great one to use. This keyword planner is great to use with each and every post, article, or page that you write and can certainly be of great assistance as you fill up your website with fresh, quality, relevant, keyword rich content that attracts viewers and satisfies their search inquiries.
One great thing about using this tool is that you can draw information directly from Google’s search engine which is by far the largest and most used search option available.
Find a quiet place and spend some time researching within and making a list of topics and ideas that you can write about. Every title should have one main keyword in it. Within every niche there are many areas or topics that can be written about. Every article, post, or page that you create for your website should have a keyword in the title and that will be the focal point of the article.
The goal for every article or post is to get your article and website ranked well with Google, Bing, Yahoo, and the rest of the search engines. This will attract visitors from the vastness of the internet to visit your site.
It’s best to save all of the keywords that we want to use and add them to the list which is saved within the keyword tool that we’re using. Some great information is found in the keyword tool, and it’s also best to choose a keyword that:
- Is relevant to my niche
- Gets over 30 average searches per month
- Has less than 100 QSR, or quoted search results (competing sites)
- Must be grammatically correct
While you’re building up your website with useful quality article content you are also presenting yourself as an expert within your niche.